In less than a year, Diamond Drilling went from losing a lot of orders to almost doubling their turnover. Investing in demolition robots became a huge boost for the Romanian company, who, after thorough research, decided to choose Brokk.
– Their service offer, focus and ability to always be one step ahead of their competition was the reason we chose to buy from them, says Diamond Drilling’s CEO Youssef Hallak.
Diamond Drilling deals with everything from demolition of buildings, bridges and marinas to projects in the security industry and on nuclear power plants. The company, which has its headquarters in Romania, currently employs almost 100 people and operates in Australia, Singapore, Dubai, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon and Romania.
Diamond Drilling used to use classic tools for concrete cutting, which led to the company losing more and more assignments between 2016 and 2018.
– We worked quickly and efficiently; however, we were unable to compete with our competitors who used demolition robots, Youssef states.
To rival the fierce competition, Diamond Drilling decided to invest in demolition robots. In June 2018, the company bought a Brokk 170 and three months later a Brokk 110.
– Everyone I talked to on the market recommended Brokk and when I contacted their sales staff all my questions were answered. They built a personal relationship with me that played a major role in our choice of supplier, Youssef says.
“Everything goes twice as fast”
With demolition robots in the lineup, things turned around for Diamond Drilling.
– With the Brokk machines, tearing down a wall is at least twice as fast compared to only using diamond tools. Since we bought the demolition robots, we haven’t lost a single project and now we work two shifts, six days a week to meet the market’s needs, which means that we’ve almost doubled our turnover, says Youssef whose favorite demolition robot is Brokk 110.
– It’s easy to transport in an ordinary van, can reach the smallest spaces and has such great power for its size. Today, The Brokk 110 is the machine I use for everyday use, says Youssef.
“Planning on buying more robots”
Diamond Drilling recently secured an assignment where the company is to demolish furnaces and generators in a glass factory. Youssef has therefore hired a Brokk 800 which has a range of 9.6 meters and is equipped with a 360-degree rotating arm.
– It is a big assignment for us and the robot is estimated to be used for about 90 percent of the job, he says and continues:
– We’ve seen how much time and money we can save with demolition robots and we’re planning on buying two more Brokk machines in 2019.
Thanks for your message. We’ll answer as soon as possible!
// The Brokk team